It is not really hard to figure out what causes warts. Warts are something that nobody would want to have. They are the small growths that usually appear on your hands or feet which look like a cauliflower or solid blister.
Contrary to the myths that you are often told, you won’t get a wart when you touch a frog. These small growths are actually an infection of the top most layer of your skin caused by a virus! What virus causes warts? Some kinds of human papilloma virus or HP virus.
The development of a wart starts when the virus enters your system, usually through a small scratch; it then will trigger the cells on your skin’s outer layer to grow rapidly – thus, the small growths.
HPV is practically everywhere and you are in contact with it everywhere. It is said that you will experience having warts on your feet or hands at least once on your lifetime. Some strains of HPV could only cause common warts, others cause only genital warts and some could cause both.
What causes warts? How can you get warts?
Since these growths are caused by viral infection, it is therefore contagious. Having a direct contact with people who have warts such as shaking hands and other skin-to-skin contact will most likely cause you to develop these growths.
The possibility of actually growing one could depend on your health, immune system and the presence of injuries and even small wounds or almost invisible scratch. Healthy individuals are least likely to have them.
The incubation period of the HPV is said to be until eight months. It means that you could actually have these growths even if the contact may have been made as early as eight months ago.
Watch Dr. Shannon Heck talking about what causes warts:
Kinds of Warts
There are six kinds of warts that a person could have. They grow on different parts of the body and look differently from each other.
- Common Warts – It is the most common kind and usually grows on hands, though it could be anywhere on the body. This kind has the shape of a dome with gray-brown color and rough texture.
- Periungual Warts – This kind grows around the nails. It can affect how your nails grow. This kind appears like rough bumps with a surface that looks uneven.
- Flat Warts – It usually grows on a person’s legs, arms or face. It has a flat top, thus the name, and could have the colors of light yellow, light brown or pink.
- Filiform Warts – This kind is found around the beard area, mouth and nose. It is almost thread like in appearance and the color is the same as the color of the skin.
- Genital Warts – It is developed on the genital areas.
- Plantar Warts – This kind grows on the sole of the feet. It often causes pain while walking. It looks like a thick lump of skin with black specks on the center.
How to Remove Warts
There are many different ways on how to get rid of warts – from the use different chemicals and surgery to the use of tape and different wart removing creams. Each one has proven its effectiveness in different cases and situations.
One way that stands out is the use of the cost-efficient solution Wartrol. It is one of the best home remedies for warts that has no side effects that could affect your health. It is pain free and though it doesn’t work instantly or overnight, it is really effective after some use. This product makes sure that the nasty growths won’t be coming back.
Knowing exactly what causes warts is important because it will allow you to have preventive actions to avoid them!